In this office, we take complaints extremely seriously and strive to ensure that all patients are satisfied with their experience with us. When patients complain, they are treated politely and swiftly so that the issue may be rectified as soon as feasible.
Our goal is to respond to complaints in the same way that we would like our complaint about a service handled. We learn from every mistake we make, and we respond to patient’s complaints in a kind and compassionate manner.
- The person responsible for dealing with any complaint about the service we provide is Dr. Nidal Barakji
- If the patient complains on the telephone or at the reception desk, we will listen to his or her complaint and offer to refer him or her to Dr. Nidal Barakji
- If Dr. Nidal Barakji is not available at the time, then the patient will be told when he or she will be able to talk to the dentist and arrangements will be made for this to happen. The member of staff will take brief details of the complaint and pass them on. If we cannot arrange this within a reasonable period or if the patient does not wish to wait to discuss the matter, arrangements will be made for someone else to deal with it.
- If the patient complains in writing, the letter will be passed on immediately to the Practice Manager and then to the Principal Dentist Dr. Nidal Barakji if necessary.
- If the complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges it will normally be referred to the dentist, unless the patient does not want this to happen.
- If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges it will normally be referred to the dentist, unless the patient does not want this to happen.
- We will acknowledge the patient’s complaint in writing and enclose a copy of this code of practice as soon as possible, normally within 2 working days. We will seek to investigate the complaint within 10 working days of the complaint being received to give an explanation of the circumstances that led to the complaint. If the patient does not wish to meet us, then we will attempt to talk to him or her on the telephone. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within ten working days we will notify the patient, giving reasons for the delay and a likely period within which the investigation will be completed.
- We will confirm the decision about the complaint in writing to the patient immediately after completing our investigation.
- Proper and comprehensive reports are kept of any complaint received.
- If you have any concerns about how we use your information and you do not feel able to discuss it with your dentist or anyone at the practice, you should contact The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, CheshireSK9 5AF(0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745).
- Date: 15/06/2018
- Review date:14/06/2022